I’ve come across the Blacklist Reading Challenge over at Het Leven van een Boekenworm who decided to participate in this year’s challenge as well and over at a Dance with Books, who wrote an awesome Wrap up on the Challenge she participated in, in 2017. The idea behind this Beat the Blacklist Challenge is to tackle your TBR, and especially focus on the newest releases you’ve been dying to read but just haven’t gotten around to do yet.
YOU set your own reading goal.
YOU pick the books.
YOU read at your own pace.
Whether you’re a casual reader looking to work on your TBR list with a bunch of people, or a competitive reader seeking a bit of extra motivation this year, Beat the Backlist is for you.
Table of Contents
The challenge will run from January 1, 2018, to December 31, 2018. You have an ENTIRE YEAR to complete your goal!
Books must be released prior to 2018 to count for this challenge. Although we love new releases too, this isn’t the challenge for them.
So, for me, this challenge sounds a-ma-zing! I’ve been known as a pre-order addict and I’ve bought a lot of new releases in the past couple of years. And I always only buy books I’m extremely excited about but despite that, I still haven’t read a lot of those books yet – oops. So thanks to the Beat the Blacklist, I’m hoping to finish a lot of those pre-2018 releases and finally finish them. And aside from tackling my TBR, it just sounds really fun to participate in the Challenge. You get placed on a team and you can earn points for your team by completing challenges and such. I’ve set myself a goal of 30 books for this challenge and these are the ones I want to start and finish reading:
Some 2017 releases I want to read, but still haven’t gotten around to:
- the Evaporation of Sofi Snow by Mary Weber
- the Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
- Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
- ROAR by Cora Cormack
- Daughter of the Burning City by Amanda Foody
- the Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson
- the Traitor’s Kiss by Erin Beaty
- Long may she Reign by Rhiannon Thomas
- New World: Rising by Jennifer Wilson
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Lost boy: the True story of Captain Hook by Christina Henry
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo
- the Glass Spare by Lauren DeStefano
- the Becoming of Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
Books released before 2017:
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
- the Startouched Queen by Roshani Chokshi
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
- the Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
- the Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- Ice like Fire by Sara Raasch
- Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
- the Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
- Half Bad by Sally Green
Goddess of the Sea by P.C. CastFinished on January 7th, 2018
Rating: 4 stars
- Slammed by Colleen Hoover
- Blackbringer: Faeries of Dreamdark by Laini Taylor
I’m so excited to start beating this TBR Blacklist!