Just like last year, I want to look back to my Read Books in 2017 and show you guys my favorites. I’ve read A LOT of great and memorable books in 2017. But really, when you’ve read like 140+ books in a year, there are bound to be quite a few favorites among them. And I say quite a few but for me, it was more like: A LOT OF FAVORITES! And because I have such a long list of favorite reads in 2017 I’ve decided to do it a bit differently. I decided to write several articles on my 2017 books containing this article with my 5-star rating books, one with my 4-star rating books and one with my 1,2,3-star rating books.
I’ve read a total of 141 books in 2017 so far, which is definitely a nice amount of books I finished reading, don’t you think? There have been a lot of others books I’ve started reading but haven’t finished yet as well- this could be due to a slump or me just not able to concentrate on a particular book at the time. So basically I’ve read more than only the finished ones but I won’t take them into consideration since I haven’t finished them – yet.
So today I’ll start with my absolute favorites: the 5-star rating books of 2017! Are you ready? I hope you got a lot of gift certificates for Christmas, so you can start with ‘BUY ALL THE BOOKS’, lol.
~♥~ How many times did I give a.. ~♥~
~♥~ The books that got a 5-star rating ~♥~
These were my absolute favorite reads of 2017 and therefore received a 5-star rating. Books that receive a 5-star rating are books I qualify as perfection. Books that got me hooked emotionally, pulled me in and never let me go. Books which remain to have a place in my heart and that I’ll definitely recommend to read – better said; Books I’d basically want to shove down your throat, figuratively speaking, lol.
– BAD ROMEO CHRISTMAS by Leisa Rayven (Starcrossed novellas)
– THE DIABOLIC by S.J. Kincaid (#1 the Diabolic)
– WILDER by Rebecca Yarros (#1 the Renegades)
– WINTERSONG by S.Jae-Jones (#1 Wintersong)
– LIFEBLOOD by Gena Showalter (#2 Everlife)
– DEFY THE STARS by Claudia Gray (#1 Constellation)
– A COURT OF WINGS AND RUIN by Sarah J. Maas (#3 ACOTAR)
– LORD OF SHADOWS by Cassandra Clare (#2 the Dark Artifices)
– SHADOW RUN by Adrianne Strickland and Michael Miller (#1 Kaitan Chronicles)
– COURT OF NIGHTFALL by Karpov Kinrade (#1 the Nightfall Chronicles)
– ANOTHER POSTCARD by Elle Christensen (#1 Stone Butterfly Rockstars)
– HELEMAAL HET EINDE by Lisette Jonkman
– LONG WAY HOME by Katie McGarry (#3 Thunder Road)
– STILTE/Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
– REBEL by Rebecca Yarros (#3 the Renegades)
– WILD ACES TRILOGY by Chanel Cleeton
– VOGELVRIJ; Spellslinger by Sebastien de Castell (#1 Spellslinger)
– ATLANTIS: THE KING’S RETURN by D.K. Combs (#1 the Atlanteans)
– HEARTS UNLEASHED by Paris Wynters
– TOWER OF DAWN by Sarah j. Maas (#6 Throne of Glass)
– STIL VAN JOU and VAN JOU by Sophie Jordan (#2 and 3 of a Pound of Flesh)
– IF THERE’S NO TOMORROW by Jennifer L. Armentrout
– UNRAVELING DESTINY by Amelia Hutchins (#5 the Fae Chronicles)
– HEART’S COMPASS BOOK 1 AND 2 by Brooke O’Brien
– POINT OF ORIGIN by Rebecca Yarros (#0.5 Legacy)
– CATCH AND RELEASE by Laura Drewry (#3 Fishing for Trouble)
– RIDE WILD by Laura Kaye (#3 Raven Riders)
– TELL ME by Abigail Strom
Some 5-star rating books I’ve RE-READ this year
– LUX SERIES by Jennifer L. Armentrout
– THE KINGMAKER CHRONICLES by Amanda Bouchet – READ THE FIRST TWO BOOKS TWICE this year
– HEIR OF FIRE, QUEEN OF SHADOWS
and EMPIRE OF STORMS by Sarah J. Maas (#3,4 and 5 Throne of Glass)
– DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE TRILOGY by Laini Taylor
– FRIGID by Jennifer L. Armentrout
– SCORCHED by Jennifer L. Armentrout
– BECAUSE OF LOW by Abbi Glines (#2 Sea Breeze)
– NOWHERE BUT HERE by Katie McGarry (#1 Thunder Road)
– ANGEL’S BLOOD by Nalini Singh (#1 Guild Hunter)
– A SHADOW BRIGHT AND BURNING by Jessica Cluess (#1 Kingdom on Fire)
So out of the 141 finished reads so far, I’ve given 52 5-star ratings which are 37% of the total amount of finished books, so that’s quite a lot! I’m really happy I was able to read so many good books this year and can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store for me. I’ve got quite a list of highly anticipated releases for next year so I really hope I get around to read just as much as I did this year so I hopefully won’t miss out on too much good stuff.
♥ What were some of your favorite 5 star reads in 2017?