Halloween is almost here.. And just like last year, I’d wanted to write some Halloween related articles this year as well. Last year I wrote this HALLOWEEN BOOK TAG for the first time and I thought it’d be nice to re-write and re-publish it this year as well because I really liked this tag. So, here we go!
I haven’t read a lot of scary reads. I loved to read scary reads when I was younger, there was, for example, an amazing Dutch author who had such an awesome book series called the ‘Griezelbus’ ( roughly translated: creepy bus) which was my absolute favorite book series back then. And afterward came the Goosebump series by R.L. Stine which was one of my favorites as well.
Last year I’ve read some YA horror for the first time and I lovedddd it. I devoured Anna Dressed in Blood and the House by Christina Lauren. Both books got a 4-star rating and I’m really excited to read Girl of Nightmares now, the sequel to Anna and I’ve got several other scary reads still waiting to be read. I’d hoped to read them in October but I never got around to read them this month, but I’m positive I’ll read at least some of them next month or in December.
*Click on the image and you’ll be redirected to the Goodreads page of each book*
There are some really scary book covers out there!! Especially ISN’T THAT FUNNY by Marco Writer scares the crap out of me. I H.A.T.E. clowns hahaha. When doing research last year I came across several covers that really spooked me out, all for different reasons. Let me show them to you, are you read? 😉
Well.. there are quite an amount of Villains I’d rather not meet alone in a dark alley on Halloween or anywhere else for that matter haha. The one’s on top of my freak list are:
- Sauron from the Lord of the Rings series
- Voldemort from the Harry Potter series
- Erawan from the Throne of Glass series
- Pennywise from IT.. brr
Haha, this is one of the easiest questions asked to me, ever. I don’t have to think about my answer for one second here, of course, I’ll go with being a SHADOWHUNTER! Fun Fact: Jennifer L. Armentrout said to Kwante and me during our interview earlier this month that we looked like Shadowhunters!!! so Cool!!!
Technically I’m really not as ‘tough’ as a Shadowhunter should be, but dressing up like one sounds really awesome! I see myself prowling the streets, all in black with my stele and bad-ass shadowhunter swords. And the RUNES!!! Yep, me likes!
Seeing we didn’t grow up here in the Netherlands with Halloween, I’m not overly familar with typical Halloween candy. But thank god for GOOGLE hahaha. Google showed me all the different kind of candy out there, and damn I’m jealous haha. The things that looked like I’d love the most:
I’d go for Feyre from the a Court of Thorns and Roses series by Sarah J. Maas. I love her character sooo much. The thing that intrugues me so much about her, is that she’s so strong inside as well. I have so much respect for her. She’s by far one of the best characters I’ve come across in a book. It would be awesome to dress up like her and walk around as Feyre with her tattoos!
I hate questions in which you can just choose 1 answer, because I HATE TO CHOOSE haha. Especially regarding this question as well.. pick 1 Harry Potter treat.. pfft, there’s so much goodness to find in this world, it’s not fair! But well, I finally did choose and I went with:
Chocolate frogs! Aside from being crazy about chocolat, you can also collect these awesome character cards as well. The every flavor beans is something I wouldn’t dare touching. With my luck I’d end up with booger flavor or even worse hahaha. Which candy is your favorite?
I immediately knew what to pick here. POOKY BEAR!!! The ones who didn’t read the Penryn and the End of Days books *looks accusingly towards Adinda ;)* don’t know what I’m talking about now, so you should really read the books!! But damn, how awesome would it be to have Pooky Bear in my possession? And I can’t wait for the moment it’s rightful owner, Raffe, comes to claim it back.. prr.. you can try Angel boy 😉 I’ll wrestle you for it buwhaha *eyebrow wiggle*
I didn’t go with an author who wrote horror books or such, but I chose an author I’d give up my left kidney for in order to meet her haha. I think she’d be amazing to go trick and treating with: LAINI TAYLOR, author of the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, Dreamdark and Strange the Dreamer. I mean, when you can write stuff like Laini does.. just WOW. I’d give up anything to spent some time with her.
- born 1971 in Chico, California
- Navy brat, moved a lot growing up (Hawaii, Italy, Belgium, Virginia, California)
- speak some French and Italian
- Have always wanted to be a writer, always
- Have an older brother, Alex, and a younger sister, Emily
- Graduated Fountain Valley High School in Orange County CA in 1989
- Graduated UC Berkeley with a degree in English in 1994
- Attended the California College of Arts & Crafts for 3 semesters, studying illustration
- Have worked as a travel book editor (Lonely Planet), a bookseller, a waitress, and an illustrator/designer
- Married Jim Di Bartolo in 2001 in Berkeley CA
- daughter Clementine born in 2009 in Portland OR
- Books and travel are my favorite indulgences. And dessert. Also, I love to take pictures.
- The Drowned, 2004, Image Comics (graphic novel, illustrated by Jim Di Bartolo)
- Dreamdark: Blackbringer, 2007, Penguin/Putnam, illustrated by Jim Di Bartolo
- Dreamdark: Silksinger: 2009, Penguin/Putnam, illustrated by Jim Di Bartolo
- Lips Touch: Three Times, 2009, Arthur A. Levine Books, Scholastic, illustrated by Jim Di Bartolo
- Daughter of Smoke & Bone, 2011, Little Brown Books for Young Readers
- Days of Blood & Starlight, 2012, Little Brown Books for Young Readers
- story “Gentlemen Send Phantoms” in Foretold anthology, Random House, 2012
- Strange the Dreamer, 2017
Which author would you choose to go trick and treating with?
What’s your most scary read?
Which Harry Potter candy would you choose?