Instead of writing my MMM article each Monday, I’ve decided to turn it into a once-a-month-article. I’ll still talk about the same things I normally talk about, only a bit more compressed this time since I look back on a whole month. I’ll talk about some things I’ve been up to, what music I listened to and I’ll share some of the fellow-bloggers articles I loved reading.
– PERSONAL –
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
Well, personally there was a lot happening lately. And that’s also why I didn’t write any Melissa Monday Memories for a while. I’m still suffering from my depression and I finally took my ass to the doctor again when it went downhill again a while ago – like really downhill, as to how it was when I hit rock bottom 3 years ago, so it felt like a wake-up call. So I’m currently visiting a psychologist every week – we’re still in the early stage of getting my therapy started – and I’ve decided I wanted to stop with taking my meds because I hate how they make me feel sick so often. But reducing my intake and working my way towards stopping completely, is making me physically sick as well so that sucks. But I was prepared, I knew that would happen so I just have to hold on a bit longer haha. And as for my therapy.. I’m motivated to make it work this time, so we’ll see. It’s really hard and I have fall-backs often but I keep trying and that’s what’s most important right now. I’ll get there eventually.
I’m trying to focus on the more fun stuff now and there’s been enough of that lately too, thankfully. I’ve tried to enjoy family time as much as possible – went hiking with Milan, Luciën and Rex and just enjoyed the outdoors a bit. I love the fall, so being outdoors nowadays is helping me a lot. It’s still hard to get myself out the door, but when I’m out there, it’s really nice.
I’ve had a bookish bucket list dream come true this month; Meeting Jennifer L. Armentrout. Aside from meeting her at the event in Utrecht on October 20th, I also had the opportunity to do an in-person interview with her, which was so incredibly awesome!! This interview will go online soon, so stay tuned! I met up with some friends of mine at the event and it was really nice to see them again ♥. And I did a hotel stay-over with Kwante afterward and we always have such an amazing time when we do things like this. It was a really awesome day, and we made it long into the night. Getting up the day after was hard though.. My body cursed me loud and clear for the day before buwhaha but it was sooo worth it! – the lady at Starbucks asked me if I needed a double espresso shot because I looked like I needed it.. well, thank you very much *looks sarcastically*. I DID need it though, but unfortunately, it didn’t help much buwhahaa. But anyway… I had an amazing time those two days spent in Utrecht!
On October 25th Luciën and I had the night for ourselves, so we went out having tapas and afterward went to see THOR: RAGNAROK. And I loveddd the movie so much! It was really different from the first two movies, but I feel okay with that knowing what’s more to come in the MARVEL universe with Avengers infinity war and such. I feel like this movie now nicely fits in with the future movies. The humor was more extended this time around and I laughed my ass of so many times haha. Had a couple of teary-eyed moments as well and some things went full circle which was so nice to see. I thought missing out on Jane’s presence was going to upset me but it really didn’t. I totally have a new ship now! – sorry, Jane hihi… Loki and Thor were awesomeness together, as always and Thor and the Hulk together were EPIC. I really love the presence of the Hulk in this one. Bottom line: it was such a joy to watch this movie!
Now it’s time to share some pictures with you guys ♥ Sidenote; I put in some pictures from September as well, because I didn’t do any MMM updates then, but there are some moments I want to share with you!
– STACKING THE SHELVES –
You can’t buy Happiness, but you Can buy Books
and that’s kind of the same thing.
Normally I’d tell you all about my bought and read books, but since I now have the WWW Wednesdays article in which I tell you all about what I’ve read in the previous week, I’m going to skip that part in the MMM. But I do want to show you my latest buys, are you ready?
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (YOUNG ADULT RETELLING/MYSTERY/HORROR)
- ROAR by Cora Carmack (YOUNG ADULT FANTASY/MAGIC)
- CARTEL by Lili St. Germain (DARK ROMANCE)
- Because of Low by Abbi Glines (NEW ADULT)
- Extreme honor by Piper J. Drake (CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE/MILITARY)
- Ultimate Courage by Piper J. Drake (CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE/MILITARY)
- Absolute Trust by Piper J. Drake (CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE/MILITARY)
– MUSIC –
Where words fail, music speaks.
Let’s start with the fact that the Script’s new album came out recently, whoopwhoop! And so far, I LOVE it!! Of course, I definitely have preferences for songs, like Arms open, Wonders, Freedom Child and Rain. I don’t think their music will ever get boring. Love it so much!! Their album has been on repeat several times already.
Aside from that, I made some new Spotify playlists regarding some books I loved reading, like the Rebecca Yarros books. So I listened to those songs a lot.
– Unsteady by X ambassadors/Erich Lee
– Start of Something Good by Daughtry
– the One by Kodaline
– Amazing Grace by for KING & COUNTRY/Rebecca St. James
– Hail, Rain or Sunshine by the Script
– What about us by Pink
– Without you by Aviici & Sandro Cavazza
– Too much to ask by Niall Horan
– Whatever it takes by Imagine Dragons
I’ve read some really awesome blog articles from fellow bloggers this month. But to keep the list a bit minimalized, I only show you guys like 10 articles or so, otherwise it’s a bit too much, right? haha. Anyway.. some of my favorite articles this month:
- Book Tour; the Midnight Dance by Nikki Katz – Darque Dreamer Reads
- Mijn boekenkasten in Cijfers – Zwartraafje
- Dear Authors who request reviews themselves – a Dance with Books
- a day in the life of Kwante, Liefde voor Bloggen – Kwante in Wonderland
- Recommend me books, Alpha Heroes – Geybie.com
- Discussion, Likable main character – MNBernard Books
- Geybie’s Ultimate list of Book Recommendations – Geybie.co
- Book Review: they both die at the end by Adam Silvera – Read, SleepRepeat
- First Lines Fridays by Karen Jo
- 5 easy steps to pingback by Twin Bookmarks
- Amsterdam Comic Con Haul by NerdygeekyFanboy
- Book subscription boxes by Zwartraafje
- Leaving the New and going with the Old by a Dance with Books
- Black, white and orange book covers by Metaphors and Moonlight
- Eyecatcher ♥2 by Kwante in Wonderland
I’d love to hear what you’ve been up to lately?
Are you enjoying the fall?