I came across this WWW Wednesdays article at KarenJo’s blog recently and decided I’d really like to participate in this bookish meme as well. This meme is hosted by Taking on a World of Words. The idea behind this meme is to answer these three questions every Wednesday;
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What are you currently reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
That way I can share my latest updates on my reading-stats in a nice way. I’m really excited to participate in this weekly meme, so here we go!
RECENTLY FINISHED READING.
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to finish much in the past week. I’m having a hard time concentrating and found myself being busy with a lot of other things except reading. But despite that I still finished two books since the last WWW Wednesdays went online.
I’ve finished Can’t let go by Gena Showalter, which is the 5th installment of the Original Heartbreakers series. I’ve recently read the fourth book as well so you can expect reviews of the fourth book soon! The review for Can’t let go will go online somewhere around the release date – October 31st. I don’t think this author will ever disappoint me. Sure, I’ve got my favorites among her books, but so far every series was a joy to read. Whether it was her young adult books, her paranormal romance books or now these contemporary romance books.. I devoured them all and always end up craving more. If you’re into contemporary romance the original heartbreakers books are ones you should really add to your wishlist!
And I’ve finished Running into live by Aurora Rose Reynolds. Since I love reading contemporary romance, this book ended up on my wishlist because the synopsis sounded so good. I got an e-arc through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I finished this book within a day, which already tells a bit about how I feel about the book haha. A book I don’t like, isn’t a book I finish within a day. I’m desperate for more of this author so I added more books of her to my wishlists and I’m also really looking forward to the next book in this series. My review already went online last week, and you can read this non-spoiler review over HERE.
I’m still reading the Siren Chronicles book 1 by Douglas J. Sloan on the kindle. But since I’m having a hard time concentrating, I’m not going as fast as I would’ve liked. And since I’m participating in the blogtour I really hope my concentration will get better in the next few days so I can finish it an write my blogtour article, lol.
And yesterday evening I started If there’s no tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout. It just felt like the right time to start this book. I wanted to read it anyway before my meeting with Jennifer next month, so I can talk about the book with her, so it’s nice if I’ll be able to finish it way before that time so I can prepare the interview. I’m a couple of chapters in and it’s such an addictive read already. The emotions are already there, ready to develop to the next level. I think this book is going to be an emotional roller-coaster for me – sometimes you feel it coming haha and this is one of those books I think – so be prepared for a fangirl-review when the time comes, lol.
- Like I showed last week, Archangel’s Viper by Nalini Singh is very high on my tbr stack at the moment. This series is one of my all-time favorites and I’ve been looking forward to read Venom’s story ever since he made his first appearance in the series early on. I was so so sooo lucky I got granted an e-arc so I could read this book up front but unfortunately I still haven’t gotten around to reading it yet and the book is due to release tomorrow, ieeeks!. Of course I also pre-ordered this book in the matching edition I’m collecting of this series – with the wings displayed on the covers – and I can’t wait to add the physical book to my collection as well.
And I got quite a collection of e-arcs still waiting to be read and these are some of the titles that are waiting on top of my list;
- Her book Boyfriend by K.R. Grace
- Ready for Wild by Liora Blake
- Tell me by Abigail Storm
- the Scandalous Flirt by Olivia Drake
And some self-bought books that are on top of my tbr stack, and will hopefully be read soon:
- Inked Armour by Helena Hunting (#2 Clipped Wings). I’ve devoured the first book and ordered the second one right after finishing Clipped Wings. It will arrive on October 3rd, can’t wait!
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. I’ve started this book right after it’s release but then I got in a reading slump and put it aside. What I’ve read so far was epic and so promising. I can’t wait to continue the series. Godsgrave, the sequel, is on my shelves as well so I can read them back to back.