I came across this WWW Wednesdays article at KarenJo’s blog recently and decided I’d really like to participate in this bookish meme as well. This meme is hosted by Taking on a World of Words. The idea behind this meme is to answer these three questions every Wednesday;
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What are you currently reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
That way I can share my latest updates on my reading-stats in a nice way. I’m really excited to participate in this weekly meme, so here we go!
RECENTLY FINISHED READING.
Some books I’ve finished in the last week or so; Clipped Wings by Helena Hunting (#1 Clipped Wings) which is a new adult/romance story about two ‘damaged’ characters who become each others anchors and saviors. A book that’s a bit low on angst, but I found that really refreshing and fitting to this book because of the seriousness already present around the main characters. I’ve devoured the book and really loved it. I immediately bought the second book as well, because the ending of the first book killed me haha and I NEEDDDD the second book asap. Unfortunately the shipping will take about two weeks so that’s a bummer. I’m starting on writing a review of this book soon, so keep your eyes open for that one 😉
Another book I’ve recently finished is a Poison Dark and Drowning by Jessica Cluess (#2 Kingdom on Fire). Maybe you already came across my 5 star non spoiler review on the first book? If not => you can read it HERE. This series is set in Victorian London and the first book blew my mind, it was absolutely amazing! Full of magic, action, romance and amazing settings! I was so happy I received an e-arc of the sequel and started reading it a couple of months ago, when I received it. But I’ve had some reading slumps getting in the way since then and me just not being in the right mood, which caused me taking longer then I thought I would on finishing this book, unfortunately. So I’ve finished it a couple of days ago and I’m currently working on my review! The sequel released on September 19th so it’s out since yesterday!!
And I’ve also read Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett (#1 Even the Darkest Stars) which I pre-ordered a couple of months ago because the synopsis sounded so awesome! The book released on September 5th and I’ve read it soon after that – I got it a couple of days later. I liked several elements of the book, but had some remarks as well, hence the 3 star rating. I want to read the sequel, because I’m really curious to know how the story will continue and I want to see how the author writes a sequel. I’m cautiously optimistic that the second book is at least going to be a 4 star rating, seeing how the writing picked up towards the end.
I’ve started reading Running into Love by Aurora Rose Reynolds (#1 Fluke my Life) yesterday evening and so far I’m really liking it. Realistic characters and I love the banter between the two main characters. There’s a dog present, and I always looove when a dog’s present in a story hihi. So far, so good. The male character is a cop and I got a thing for these kind of characters so really; no complaining on my part so far haha. The book is due to release on September 26th and I got an e-arc through Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. So you can definitely expect a review coming online asap!
And I’ve started reading the Siren Chronicles, book 1 by Douglas J. Sloan, which I received through netgalley and I’m participating in the blogtour for this book as well. I love reading mermaid books and the synopsis of this one sounded really awesome, so I’m cautiously optimistic about this read.
There’s so much waiting for me to be read; own bought books but (E)arcs as well and it’s really hard choosing what to read first haha. But since I’m participating in a couple of blog tours and/or other agreements regarding reviewing books, I’m planning on reading these books ASAP, after finishing my current reads:
- Can’t let go by Gena Showalter (#5 the original heartbreakers). I’ve read book 4 in the series recently and I loved it – review will go up soon. I also got an e-arc for the 5th book in the series, which is due to release on October 31st. The male lead in this 5th book was luring me in, in book 4 already so I’m really excited to start reading his story!! Already knowing a bit about his background story, gives me a feeling this book is going to be heartbreaking to read!
- Archangel’s Viper by Nalini Singh (#10 Guild Hunter). This series is one of my all-time favorites and I’ve been looking forward for the Viper’s story ever since he made his first appearance in the series early on. I’m so so sooo lucky I got granted an e-arc so I can read this book up front. It’s due to release on September 26th and of course I also pre-ordered this book in the editions I’m collecting of this series – with the wings displayed on the covers. So yeah, this book is definitely on my ASAP tbr list at the moment!!
So that’s my WWW Wednesday for this week!
What are your WWW’s? Love to hear from you.