I got nominated by the lovely Darque Dreamer Reads for The Black Cat Blue Sea Award!!
This blog has become rapidly one of my favorite blogs to read and it’s really awesome she nominated me for this award.
I feel very grateful for and love being a member of the blog community and share my love for books and other things with them. I love getting in contact with fellow bloggers, read their thoughts on books and other things and reply to their articles just as I always love it when I read their thoughts on my articles as well. I love spreading the booklove and I feel very honored to be nominated for this specific award.
Black Cat Blue Sea
“This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.”
Anybody nominated can nominate eight other bloggers.
- The nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator.
- The questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions.
- If any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award.
Darque Dreamer Reads’ Questions:
- What is a book genre you absolutely refuse to read?
Ehhmm.. I really had to think this one through a bit because I’d like to see myself as a reader with an open mind and try to read things outside my comfort zone as well. I’d love various genres and like to read informational books as well for example. But if I really have to go with something I guess I’d go for religion-related books. And not the ones where religion plays a small part or where there’s mentioned that a character is religious and such. But I mean the ones where the whole book turns around religion and the author writes as if it’s all facts and such and that it’s all just the way it is and there’s not room for anything else to think about it, you know? I don’t like books where they try to ‘shove’ things like this down your throat so to say. I feel like everyone should be free to believe what he or she wants and we all should respect each others decisions and not judge each other about it.
What is your absolute favorite movie?
O god, that’s like asking for my absolute favorite book.. It’s impossible to choose hahaha. I’ll try to be as minimalistic as I can with this list, okay? bare with me haha.
– Armageddon. Every since seeing this movie when I was young I was enchanted. The music still gives me goosebumps and for a movie from that era, the special effects are really really good. I still re-watch this movie several times a year. I love the cast for this movie and the story-line is epic and heartbreaking. A phenomenal movie which definitely is one of my all-time favorites!
– TITANIC! I’ve been obsessed with everything Titanic related ever since I was a young girl. I’ve watched the movie for like 200 times now throughout the years – No, I’m not exaggerating, haha. The story of Titanic is so tragic and it just got to me you know? I love that they’ve woven that Jack/Rose love story in the movie, but I’m just as enchanted by the actual story-line as well. The looks of the settings and such is so beautiful and I love the bits and pieces of the real footage they’ve put in the movie as well. I’ve watched dozen documentaries of Titanic, read books, collected magazines, etc. And James Cameron just did some epic directing with this movie. He really put a movie out there that’s going to remain in our hearts for years and years to come.
– Everything DISNEY! Yep, I grew up with Disney. I love showing the movies to my own son now and I’m still a disney fangirl at heart and probably always will. My favorite is the Little Mermaid and Beauty & the Beast, but I re-watch almost everything Disney made from time to time.
– Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. Yep, I love me some Jack Sparrow. Johnny Depp has shown us such an amazing and original character and aside from Jack Sparrow, there’s so much more to these movies I love. The epic music – I love music from movies, the other cast members, the settings and special effects. I’ve got my own favorites among the movies they brought out so far, but I really love every single one of them. I can’t wait for the next movie to come out. I love re-watching these movies from time to time as well.
– Everything MARVEL! I’m a die-hard marvel fangirl and obsessed with everything they make. From Iron Man to Thor and Captain America. Black widow, scarlet witch, loki, dr. strange, and I could go on and on. MARVEL’s characters are so amazing and their movies are really awesome and epic. I love re-watching these movies and of course I’m always there at the movie theater when a new movie comes out.
– Everything DC COMICS! In general I always liked MARVEL more, but the past years DC really lived up to my high expectations as well. Christian Bale as batman and Christopher Nolan as director? damn, that combination is sooooo good and I love those movies – I’m so so soooo bummed out with Ben as batman. I love Ben’s acting, but after Christian Bale, no one’s good enough to play batman anymore I think. Henry Cavill as Superman? yessssss. That first movie was so ffffing good and I really love Amy as Lois as well. Those two have such amazing chemistry on screen. The latest DC movies, starting with the batman movies, have such a dark and sometimes twisted feel to them and I love that about the DC movies. And don’t let me get started on Wonder Woman, because hot damn!!!! That’s definitely one of my absolute favorite movies, DC and MARVEL combined.
- Which bookish character do you most relate to?
I don’t think I can pinpoint a specific character here. In most books there’s always at least one thing about a character – whether it’s something about their behavior/thoughts/feelings or specific events that they’re experiencing and how they then react to that– I can relate to. Especially in romance books I experience this on a somewhat more intense level as I do in regards to characters in fantasy books and such, because reality is a bit more in the background with those books haha. The chance of me having lived through things in romance books is bigger as that I’d live through something a fantasy character experiences. But yeah, I often find at least 1 common thing with a lead character in a book.I have to say that I often feel more related to a specific event a character goes through as to character treats of them. Most characters in books are often portrayed as strong – whether they start out right away as a strong character or develop into one throughout the story line – and I don’t see myself that way at all. So it’s often the events the characters experience I feel related to as to characteristics of the characters themselves.But I’ve got quite some compassion for other people and even though I can’t always relate to something they do or experience, I can show compassion to them and that gives me a bond with the characters as well, because I understand why they chose to do this or that like they did instead of judging them.
Nominees: It’s time for me to nominate some bloggers!
My Questions for you guys:
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- What book are you most excited to read this year? (Doesn’t have to be a 2017 release)
- Describe a perfect day that balances all the things you love.
- What is your next big blogging goal?
- Tell us 4 things about yourself, one of which is not true… and see if we can guess.
So, I hope you had fun reading and I hope for the bloggers I’ve tagged, they’re going to have fun answering the questions!
Have a nice day!