Last week I posted a new cover crush article online, High in the Sky , in which book covers with galaxy/stars/sky were shown. Readers could vote for a new cover subject at the end of that article. I always like to let you guys choose which subject I’ll be showing you in the next article. You guys decided DRAGONS would be today’s focus! Unfortunately I don’t own a lot of covers with dragons on them – shame on me, since I LOVE dragons so I definitely need to buy more covers with them on it, lol – but I’ll show what I’ve got to you first before I show you what I found online! Happy reading/watching 😉 – I just had to share this GIF, lol. It’s soooo adorable, don’t you think? –
Okay, so lets start with my own dragon books. I’ve had the Dutch editions of the Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini but I sold them a couple of years ago because I want to buy the English editions. So unfortunately I don’t have them right now to show to you guys. That’s one of my favorite dragon series! At the moment I’ve only got 4 dragon covers at home and 3 of them are from the same series, lol. I’m talking about:
– Talon, Rogue and Soldier by Julie Kagawa. The first three books in the Talon series. I’ve only read Talon so far, which I loved! And I’m absolutely in love with the covers of these books!! Aside from the looks of them, which is truly awesome with those scales and shine on them, they also have a ‘feel’ to them – Talon and Rogue, my soldier edition doesn’t. I can’t wait to continue this series! Have you read anything of this series yet and what did you think about the books? I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Julie last year and she was amazing!! What a warm and social person. I hope I get to meet her again, and most importantly: buy one or more from her self-made dragon sculptures! They are so amazing, but they’re sell out so fast when she puts them online in her shop 🙁
– Eon by Alison Goodman. This book has a dragon on the cover which consists of fire and it looks so awesome! I really love this cover and it makes me really curious to see what the story’s about. I love the dark bits at the bottom of the cover with the shadow of I think the main character of the book? With the swords in her hands.
I’ve got 51 photo’s for you to see. There’s still so much more to find online, but I had to draw a line somewhere right? lol.
I’ve come across quite a lot covers with dragons on them and I like em all, but I have favorites of course;
– I really, reallyyyy love the covers of the Daniel Arenson books. The dragons on those covers; WOW!!!! They look dark, brutal, murderous and the drawings are so detailed. They are amazing, don’t you think?
– The Dragon Dancer cover reminds me of Danaerys from Game of Thrones, love it!
– And I’m extremely curious to the shape shifter books like the Alpha dragon by Laura Sexton. That’s one of several new series I’ve added to my to-read list while doing research for this article.
– I love the cover of MERLIN; the dragon of Avalon by T.A. Barron. That dragon eye makes a huge impact when looking at it, don’t you think? I keep looking at it and get lost in the cover, it’s beautiful! I think it’s amazing how an detail like this eye, can make such a huge impact without seeing the complete ‘picture’ of the Dragon. There’s so much to see in just this one eye. The use of color and the golden spark in the eye give it a really vivid feel to it.
And as for what I want to read of these books? I think just about everything? Lol. But seriously, I really love dragon books. And I don’t have a preference of genre when it comes to books with dragons in it. I love reading YA books with dragons but high fantasy books as well. I really hope to expand my Dragon book collection this year!
This time I won’t post a poll to vote for the subject for the next article. I’ve decided to write the next article about MERMAIDS on covers, since that subject is really popular as well and I’ve already got some amazing looking covers waiting for you to see. So next time: MERMAIDS!